Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- - You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six to eight hours prior to the appointment.
- - A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- - The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- - Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- - Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- - Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- - If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- - If you take routine blood thinners other than aspirin, please check with the office prior to your surgical date for instructions.